Laptop adapter is very important especially if the laptop’s battery is getting low or drained. So, proper use and maintenance should be observed to keep the adapter in good condition. Of course, no one wants to have a non-functional laptop adapter/charger because it can lead to unproductive work if the laptop doesn’t have power.
Here are some practical tips on using as well as taking care of your laptop power adapter:
1. If the power adapter is not working. Check first if the outlet is live before doing serious troubleshooting on the device. In this way, it will save your time and effort as well as avoid unnecessary repair.
2. Use only the model-specific adapter for the laptop. Don’t use it in other gadgets even if the output voltage requirement is the same because the current might be different.
3. Always put first the DC output plug into the laptop’s power jack before putting the input plug on the power outlet. This is the correct method.
4. Keep your adapter in a dry place with room temperature. Just like other electronic devices, adapter can get damage cause by high temperature.
5. Don’t leave it connected into the laptop for continuously long periods of time. If the battery is full, gently remove the cord in the laptop’s jack port.
6. Don’t shake or knock the adapter. Improper handling may break the internal parts and circuit boards.
7. Place the laptop adapter in an area where it will not fall. Keep it in a safe location where it can be hard to reach for children. Also, avoid dropping it to avoid damage.
8. Avoid the metal tip of the adapter from getting in contact with other metal objects because it can cause short-circuiting. Your laptop might get damage when a short-circuited charger is used.
9. Don’t place the notebook adapter in a cool place or near the air conditioner to avoid the device from getting moistened.
10. Never pull the cord to detach the plug from the power outlet because the wire might be slashed or loosened.
Aside from saving your budget from buying a replacement one, keeping your adapter in good condition will keep the good performance and value of your laptop.